Find Job Assistance for Laid-Off Workers
When you have been laid off, searching for employment should become your full-time job. It's a process that takes initiative and patience. You can conduct a search from home or come into a Kentucky Career Center, formerly known as the KentuckianaWorks One-Stop Career Center, for a self-service job search. If these methods do not result in a job, you may be eligible for intensive services.
Self-service job search
The following services are available to anyone who comes into a KentuckianaWorks One-Stop Career Center to conduct a job search:
- Use of the phone and fax machine for contacting potential employers
- Use of computers for creating resumes and conducting an online job search
- Use of tutorials in typing and Microsoft Office computer programs
- Assistance with applying for jobs
- Referral to partnering agencies based on individual needs
- Access to job search tips and website listings
One-on-one assistance includes, but is not limited to, the following services:
- Vocational skills and interest assessments
- Employment and career counseling
- One-on-one resume writing and interviewing assistance
- Veteran services
Be sure to check out the KentuckianaWorks Resource Guide for Workers Facing Layoffs (PDF).