For Job Seekers and Laid-Off Workers
KentuckianaWorks can help you find that great career you really want or help you find the education and training to prepare your for a rewarding career.
We also can help people who have been laid off navigate the process leading to a new job. If you don't have a marketable skill, you may even qualify for KentuckianaWorks Scholarship funds to help pay for your education or training.
Through KentuckianaWorks, the Jefferson Community and Technical College (JCTC) operates Kentucky Career Centers that serve seven counties – Bullitt, Henry, Jefferson, Oldham, Shelby, Spencer and Trimble.
If you want to talk with someone by phone or in person, please contact a Kentucky Career Center in the KentuckianaWorks region, for FREE job training and career assistance.
At your Kentucky Career Center, you can:
- Find out if you are eligible for a KentuckianaWorks Scholarship to fund job training
- Get advice and practical tips about looking for a job
- Conduct an online job search
- Get help with math and reading skills or earn your GED
- Learn how to prepare a great resume and cover letter
- Get job interview tips
- Identify your skills and abilities
- Apply for unemployment insurance
We can help:
- Anyone looking for a job
- Laid-off workers
- Mid-career workers
- First-time or entry-level workers
- Anyone needing a GED
- Young people
- People with disabilities
- Older workers
If you want to search for a job or apply for unemployment online, please visit the state Kentucky Career Center website by clicking here.
For many other online resources, explore the links to the left.